Monday, April 22, 2013

Floral Headband

♥ DIY Floral Headband ♥


I've been seeing floral crowns all over pinterest and instagram and I will admit, I have fallen in love with them.

 I've been looking around online at some and I know that WAY too many people have been spending WAY too much money on them, when they look really simple to make by yourself! So I took on the task to figure out how to make my own for cheap with great success so I figured I'd make a little tutorial. ♥

♥ Supplies ♥

• Headband (pack of 3, $1 at Dollar Tree)
•Flower bunch (6 flowers, $1 at Dollar Tree)
•Hot glue gun with a fresh glue stick
•Scissors



♥ Step 1 ♥ 
Cut all of your flowers out of the bunch
(Mona wanted to help)


♥ Step 2 ♥
Pull the flowers off of the stems and use your scissors to chop the ends of (as shown below)

♥ Step 3 ♥
Next, take the leaves off (if your flowers came with leaves) and pull the plastic piece off of the bottom 


♥ Step 4 ♥
Place hot glue in a circle on the bottom of one of your flowers and glue it to your headband


♥ Step 5 ♥
Continue gluing flowers along your headband, and leaves if you want yours to have leaves. I alternated leaves and flowers until my entire headband was covered. In the end I had a little too much leaves showing, so I ended up cutting some off and folding and gluing some others to make them less bulky. Don't be afraid to chop some leaves off if they're too overpowering! Personalizing is key in DIY and you want it to fit your taste. 

♥ Finished Product ♥


This took me about 10 minutes to make and it was SO much cheaper than buying one online and paying pricey shipping. My flowers are a little big for my pixie cut, but I still like it. Next time, I'm going to get smaller flowers and try it without leaves to see how it looks! This was a super easy project for me to do and it turned out really well. I hope you guys find this little tutorial useful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment