Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update

♥ Update ♥

I've been pretty bummed out lately and going through a little bit of a rough patch but I'm trying to keep myself busy and stay positive and optimistic to get myself through it. I haven't been on a computer in a few days and it honestly feels really nice not being connected to one. Yeah, I admit, I've been on the internet through my phone but Twitter when I'm bored and Instagram when I'm doing something worth photographing isn't too much compared to how much time I used to spend online daily. Keeping away from the internet makes me surprisingly happy. 

I'm so excited for the warm weather and summer activities. I love nature walks or hikes, swimming, having picnics, taking photos, riding bikes, and overall just having a fun time without being connected to the internet. Disconnecting yourself may make you think you're, well, "dead" to everyone else, but we have phones and voicemail for a reason! We also have snail mail, which I've been getting into. I know it's never going to go back to how it was in the "old days" but I'm really focusing on disconnecting from the social networking that runs most of our lives and really going out and making myself happy on my own.  

High school is almost over, it's bittersweet and genuinely crazy, but once summer starts I'll be free to do whatever I please with my whole entire life and I couldn't be happier. I 
finally found a job, so I won't be able to have as much summer fun as I wish I could, but I'll have a steady income and I'll be able to focus my free time on me and doing what I want to do and what will ultimately make me happy, without stressing over money as much. I've wandered too far from my own happiness these past four years, and I'm looking forward to finally getting on the right track, moving out of my parent's house, and living my life. I'm not quite sure what I want to do yet, but hey, I'm 17 and I've got the whole world in front of me. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I'd love to move to Olympia, Washington in the next year or two. I want to meet new people and experience new things and be able to do things when I need to get out of the house. In this town, all there really is to do is go to someone else's house. I'd love to be in Olympia. I can imagine myself living there and being happy with things, it's such a beautiful place with such strange and interesting people. I can walk around and not get funny looks for the way I'm dressed or the way I cut my hair. There's so many unique people walking around and it's such a refreshing feeling to feel comfortable in a city full of strangers. It is so warm and welcoming. Everyone seems to  accept everyone because they're so used to diversity and see it as a good thing. In small towns and in high school, being different is so looked down upon but I know I'll be able to flourish and just be myself and not have that constant reminder that I'm disliked or frequently talked about for being "different". 

I'm sorry this post is a little all over the place. As I said, I've just been really bummed out and lonely lately, and I feel very scatter brained and mumble-y. I'm slowly starting to feel better, but I just for the life of me couldn't make a blog post about anything other than what's running through my mind and racking at the walls of my brain. Thank you for sticking around and reading this. I know it's not really a "personal" blog, but that's okay. 

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment