Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Prom Shopping

Prom Dress Shopping!

I know prom is coming up soon for most of us high school girls, so I thought I'd share some of the dresses I found and thought about buying while looking online!

I originally was going to go up to Seattle with my mom and find a cute dress (I was trying to find a dress, shoes, and accessories for under $150, since prom itself is $50, dinner is at least $60, and pictures are probably $30, so spendy, I know! (~_~)) and I decided to try to search online to see what stores seemed worth a stop into!

I automatically went to Nordstroms online and Macy's online.
I know they have some very pretty dresses in my budget and I'm not "too good" to wear one of their dresses!

My ideal dress was short, sparkly, light pink, and short sleeved.
I'm very tall, and long dresses remind me of nightgowns, so I had to look for either short or high-low. I love high-low dresses, but most of them were strapless and with my broad shoulders and slightly chubby arms (no self hate, just not trying to emphasize it, you know, hehe) that wasn't really what I was looking for. But if you are looking for a strapless or spaghetti strap high-low, here are a few of the high-low dresses I was really drawn to and thought were very pretty! 


I knew I wasn't going to get a long dress, but these one's made me do a double take. I got so excited for the girls who can wear strapless long dresses and other cute long dresses! I feel like a dweeb for being so excited but I've never gotten all dolled up and gone to a dance before, and this is my prom so I'm a ball of joy, and it makes it even better that I'm going with one of my best friends!




Short dresses were my main spot of interest, but again, so many were strapless or one shoulder strap and that's so pretty but just not super flattering for my body shape and lack of hair hitting my shoulders! (Maybe that's a weird observation, but that giant spot of skin showing on my shoulders and upper chest makes some things look weird, and I would never give up my pixie cut!) But anyways, here are some dresses I absolutely loved!

             

(All dresses from Macy's and Nordstroms)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, I found this one.
Light pink. Sparkles. Short sleeved. Short.
I love the cut and the perfect sheer overlay on the bottom!
And guess how much? $79!



I usually don't order dresses online in fear that they won't fit right, but I had to get this one! It's perfect and lovely and I could not pass up such a great deal! Even with shipping it will end up being quite a bit below budget! We ordered it yesterday and I could not be more excited for when it gets here! I typically wear a size 7 or a large in junior's dresses, but the only sizes available were a 7 and a 9, and there weren't any reviews on if it ran small so I went with the 9 because I can always just take it to a local dress store to be taken in!

For accessories, I bought a light baby pink bow necklace and gold, white, and baby pink bracelets. I'm just on the hunt for gold ballet flats since I am already a bit taller than my date! (Oh well, tall girls rule ^___^)


I will definitely post pictures of the dance and the dinner (which is going to be great, and only slightly expensive for such a nice restaurant) so you guys can all see the fun we have!

Now, I have to figure out what to do with my hair. It's short, but I think I can probably curl it on one side or figure out something cute. Maybe my friends at my old beauty college could do me a favor and think up something for me to do! 

I hope you guys like my prom dress post!
Good luck in your prom hunt :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment