Tuesday, February 26, 2013

3 Things I hate

3 Things I Hate!

Yep, that sounds negative, but it's true. I am a girl and I have my pet peeves. Here's a nice little rant to share with you guys what I don't like, and I'm not taking a stab at anyone personally, this is just a broad thing, and like everything else in life, there are exceptions! I'm nice, don't worry! 

1. People using me for rides or favors
I hate this more than anything!! I'm cool with giving people rides here and there but when people want to hangout just for me to give them a ride I want to scream my heart out. I'm such a pushover, I usually end up giving them a ride and I don't have gas money for running people around all the time and it stinks. I also hate when people only bother to make plans with me when they want their hair cut or colored! I'm a cosmetologist, yeah, but dashing after a cut sucks, if you want to hangout all night then sure, ya know! Or if you hangout with me regularly and ask that's fine! I just hate when people only ask for me to come over when they want a haircut and then want me to leave or say they have other plans right after. Free haircuts are only cool sometimes!

2. Breaking plans 
It takes a lot for me to go come out of my comfort zone to ask someone to hangout. It sucks even more when the day of they make an excuse like "I have to do this" or "I'm hanging out with a guy". Like, no, you planned to hangout with me and you don't have to do anything and you won't be hanging out with the guy the entire day or night. I'm understanding sometimes, but all the time it just gets so irritating. If you don't want to hangout with me just say so, because if you keep breaking plans I'll stop asking eventually.

3. Trendy vegan and straight edge kids
I know, I know. I was a vegetarian and I was straight edge. But I was a vegetarian long before that, and I did it because my vegetarian friends bet me that I couldn't do it.

This vegan trend is out of control. Some people do it for health and some for animals or for both but really you  can't deny that it's a trend. Go eat some almonds and stop saying I don't love animals if I eat any animal product. And keep on wearing your leather combat boots, you vegan you. And keep on eating at Taco Bell which is NOT vegan, at all, they even admitted it. Seriously though, most people probably aren't even vegan because there are weird names that you can't pronounce on labels that actually are disguised animal products. I know some people are serious about it, but you can't tell me this vegan thing isn't a trend because it is. It's crazy. Don't bitch about me eating what I want to eat, because it's MY LIFE and MY CHOICE and I don't go around eating cats do I?? Meat production is still going on, the population is constantly growing and causing the industry to grow. And also, hashtagging everything with vegan and posting it on every website all the time to show that you have entitlement over others is stupid. If you really were doing it for you, you wouldn't have to brag about it all the time. Am I hashtagging my food on instagram #carnivore #meateater #bloodmouth?? No, so please do EVERYONE a favor and shove a hamburger down your throat like the rest of us. 

 I was also straight edge, but I did it because I actually cared about it. Yes, these other militant edge kids care about it, but it's a PERSONAL CHOICE and someone shouldn't be shamed for not being edge, especially if they rarely ever do anything that people would consider breaking edge. Even if they do, heck, it's THEIR LIFE and THEIR CHOICE. The edge kids that bug me most are the kids that are CRAZY about it and think they're better than other sober kids because they have the  straight edge title. Paste the XXX in your bio to appeal to the internet and paste those X patches on your back in hopes that someone notices, but you're just a person and so is everyone else. You aren't better than everyone like you think you are, and I know you think you are, because I was you once and I wanted people to ask and notice but just continue sitting in your room secluding yourself from normal teenage/young adult life because you're "edge" but really, you're missing out. Coming from someone who once was edge, or ya know, who's now a "sellout"



Okay, I'm done now. Sorry for the rant, but we all have to do it sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment