Monday, January 28, 2013

Stay Quiet



I want to say “You say, I do”
I want to say “You’ll always have me”
I want to say “Give me a try, just try me on for size”
I want to say “Please don’t go away"
I want to say “I love you everyday, in every way”

But I can’t. And I won’t.

I want to say "I tried so hard”
I want to say “I would have always stayed”
I want to say “I’m sorry I didn’t fit”
I want to say “I loved you everyday, in every way”

But I can’t. And I won’t.

And I will stay sad, and I will stay quiet, and I will lay down in the middle of the day. 
And I will keep my lips closed and words will dance behind my lips, but I, I will never say what I want to say. I will never do what I want to do.

I will stay sad, and I will stay quiet, and I will lay down in the middle of the day.

But you won’t lay down with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment